The Baby Basics - Workshop
I created this workshop because of the sheer number of times my prenatal class students have asked me about how to put on a diaper or burp a baby... you know, the basics! I realize that many people have never handled a newborn.
This is a workshop that has existed in my head for several years and I have lots of exciting ideas for the evolution of it but in the meantime, I wanted to be able to offer something to new/expectant parents that will give them some basic skills and lots of great resources for navigating life with a new baby.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Bathing, Burping & Recommendations on Oral Hygene
- Exploring Diapering Options
- Swaddling, Soothing & Sleep Tips
- Carriers & Baby Gear
- Nursing Tips, Pumping & Bottles
- The Benefits of Infant Massage
- An intro to Emotion Coaching
- Understanding Brain Development
- Top Parenting Hacks & Tips
- Best Parent Resources
- Finding Support: Creating Your Village
Please contact me to discuss scheduling options!
We acknowledge that the land on which we live and provide care is the unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō, and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.