Early Pregnancy Workshop
This is a virtual workshop that I originally developed in 2012 with my friend and colleague Sarah Joseph. Our goal in creating this workshop was to help newly expectant parents/couples understand some of the important choices in pregnancy early on.
After years of working in maternity clinics, as a doula and as a prenatal educator to hundreds and hundreds of couples, I understand how overwhelming it can feel to be newly pregnant (especially for the first time):
There are so many options and choices to start thinking about!
If you're a planner (I see you!), and you want to at least have an idea of where to start, this workshop is for you.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Anatomy of Pregnancy (The Amazing Highlights of Embryonic Development & Must-Know Body Changes)
- Optimizing Health & Comfort
- Choice of Care Provider & Place of Birth
- Options in Prenatal Education
- Letting go of Fear / Creating an Empowering Experience
- The Importance of Good Support
- Creating a Solid Foundation: Strengthening Your Relationship & Creating a Parenting Philosophy
- The Importance of Postpartum Planning
Ongoing: Please contact me if you are interested in this workshop
* Minimum 3 participants to run
We acknowledge that the land on which we live and provide care is the unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō, and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.